M.Physio (UOC) | B.ExSportSc (UOC)
Dane has turned his injury frustrations from years of playing sport into a passion for helping others. In earlier days, injuries ranged from hamstring tears playing rugby league and oztag, to chronic low back pain from surfing. Having a competitive nature, Dane understands the frustration of not being able to perform at your best whilst playing sport or something as simple as not being able to pick up your kids. Dane’s interest areas stem from his own experiences, and include hamstrings, low backs, hips/pelvis.
His roles as a massage therapist for 15+ years, as well as an accredited yoga teacher have provided a basis for his knowledge of the body and experience working closely with patients to understand their goals. His undergraduate degree in Exercise and Sport Science has given depth in Dane’s approach as he has the ability to provide a rehabilitation plan not only for the short term, but also for longevity.
Highlights in Dane’s Career Include:
- Covering Wyong Roo’s Rugby League Ron Massey Cup squad
- Assisting management of the Central Coast and Sydney Roosters junior squads
Highlights in Dane’s Sporting Include:
- Playing rugby league for the Terrigal Sharks from U8’s through to First Grade
- 7 years of captaining the Open Men’s Australian Oztag team
Additional Qualifications Include:
- More than 15 years of experience in the health industry
- Power Living Australia, Certified Yoga Instructor
- Australasian College of Natural Therapies, Certificate IV in Massage
Dane’s own sporting experience drives his treatment approach to not only help others get back to being injury-free but also to give them the tools to prevent their injuries from happening again – and ultimately perform to the best of their ability.
Dane’s interests outside of the clinic:
Sipping a good coffee, running outside with his kids or catching a wave in the surf is where you’ll find Dane on his days off. Both Dane and his partner love to stay fit and rope the kids into exercise sessions where they can. Dane continues to represent the Central Coast in Oztag at both State and National levels.