Physio Connex Performance Clinic supports #MoveAgainstCancer again for 2021
In a time where moving is even more important than ever, the team at Physio Connex Performance Clinic are thrilled to be involved again in the Central Coasts biggest step challenge #MoveAgainstCancer happening this month!
Emergency doctor and physical activity advocate Dr Ash Bowden aka Doctor Do More, and Cancer Council Central Coast are calling on Coasties to step it up in September in the fight against cancer. From September 1st until September 30th Coasties are coming together in teams to step it out and help raise much needed funds for cancer research. Physio Connex Performance Clinic is thrilled to be able to support this fantastic initiative again.
The Physio Connex team are stepping out in September as a team, completing over 10 000 steps a day and have also joined a number of other fantastic local businesses in donating great prizes for some lucky steppers.
Now more than ever, taking care of yourself and those you care about is paramount. Physical and mental health is a huge component of this which is why regular physical activity is so important. This fundraiser challenge is COVID-19 friendly, allowing people to stay mentally and physically active by encouraging the simplest form of movement, walking!
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused so much stress and anxiety. With loss of incomes and so much uncertainty. Getting outside and staying active massively helps your headspace, helping us to stay positive as we move forward.
Why moving is so important during lockdown for our physical and mental health:
- Exercise releases chemicals like endorphins and serotonin that improve your mood. It can also get you out in the world, help to reduce any feelings of loneliness and isolation.
- Staying active can improve your sleep, give you more energy and help manage stress – all helping you keep a healthy headspace.
- Physical activity contributes to preventing and managing noncommunicable diseases such as cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
- Physical activity reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Being physically active lowers your risk for developing several commonly occurring cancers.
- Physical activity at a moderately-intense level can slow the loss of bone density.
- Improves your ability to do daily activities and prevent falls.
- Increases your chances of living longer.
Want to donate to this worthy cause?
Doctor Do More is also helping to get the Coast moving more via the free local physical activity search engine, check it out here
Let’s make a difference Central Coast! Join the step challenge and step it up today!