Blood Flow Restriction Training – AirBands
Blood flow restriction (BFR) training is becoming an increasingly popular training method in both
strength and conditioning and rehabilitation settings throughout the Australian sporting system.
Physio Connex Performance Clinic are leaders in the provision of the most advanced, innovative, and
latest techniques, technologies, and approaches to ensure optimal care for our patients.
The team at Physio Connex are delighted to be able to introduce Blood Flow Restriction Training- AirBands into our portfolio of services.
What is Blood Flow Restriction Training?
BFR training involves partially restricting blood and oxygen flowing into the muscles and completely
restricting blood flowing out of the same muscles using pressurised cuffs such as AirBands. It is
predominantly used in conjunction with resistance exercise however it can also be used with aerobic
exercise such as cycling.
The next generation in blood flow restriction training
AirBands are the world’s first wireless, automated BFR cuffs. They are operated via our smart device – making it easier for you to move freely through your program.
AirBands leverages the benefits of blood flow restriction (BFR) and are a safe and effective method to reduce the time and intensity required to build muscle and increase strength.
Major benefits of Blood Flow Restriction Training:
- Increases muscle strength
- Increases hypertrophy (muscle size)
- Improves cardiorespiratory endurance
- Versatile and wireless training tool, that offers unrestricted application to support any type of training or rehabilitation exercise
Who is it suitable for:
- Load-compromised – an athlete who has undergone surgery (such as ACL reconstruction) and cannot perform heavy resistance training early in rehab.
- People with knee osteoarthritis or ankle injuries who cannot lift as heavy as they’d like due to pain.
- Individuals recovering between high intense training sessions and need to fit additional training sessions