B.Physio (Hons), APAM | MClinExPhy(Rehab), ESSAM
Physiotherapist I Accredited Exercise Physiologist
Scott is a dual accredited Physiotherapist and Exercise Physiologist, providing a broad scope of practice and unique skill set to Physio Connex. Scott graduated from Charles Sturt University in 2012 with a Masters of Exercise Physiology before returning to study and graduating as a Physiotherapist in 2017. Scott has worked primarily in private practice, treating a diverse range of people from junior athletes to the elderly.
With a thirst for knowledge, Scott has sought multiple professional development opportunities, ensuring delivery of evidence-based and up-to-date treatment to his patients. His professional interests are in the lower limb and return to running.
Highlights in Scott’s career include:
- Monitoring and treating athletes from the Junior Representative Central Coast Roosters rugby league program
- Covering Gosford Netball Association Juniors and Masters at the NSW State Championships
- Treating referees at the 2020 Trans-Tasman Touch Football Test Series
- Covering Newcastle City AFL teams in the Black Diamond Cup
Additional Qualifications Include:
- Attendance 2022 SportsMap Athlete Groin Pain Symposium and completion of the Masterclass of Tendinopathy program
- Qualified to implement and distribute the Netball Australia KNEE program
- Development of the Physio Connex Return to Running protocol
Empowering patients to manage their injury is an important component to Scott’s treatment philosophy. Through education and planned management strategies, Scott endeavours to help every patient achieve their goal. With Scott’s large background in exercise physiology in combination with his acute diagnostic skills, he is able to provide rehabilitation exercises not just for the short term, but to create optimum lifetime strength and reduce recurrence of injury in the future.
Scott’s interests outside of the clinic:
- Loves the beach and the outdoors – particularly bushwalks with his children.
- He enjoys surfing, playing touch football and long distance running.
- Spending time with his young family.