B.Physio (UON), Connect Therapy Series Graduate, APAM, GradCert. Sports Physio (LTU)
Principal Physiotherapist, Owner of Physio Connex Performance Clinic
Mel is the owner and founder of Physio Connex. Like most people who grew up on the Central Coast, Mel shares a huge passion for active living. She has contributed to various sporting communities in the region and is an avid touch football player. She has captained NSW Country, and represented both NSW and Australia.
Since graduating from the University of Newcastle in 2010 with a Bachelor of Physiotherapy, Mel has worked in private practice, post-operative orthopaedics and sport coverage. Following her passion in working with the active and elite, she has also returned to university to study a Masters of Sports Physiotherapy degree. Mel is also a brand new mum – which has created a wonderful and challenging balance in life.
Mel has studied under Dr LJ Lee & is a series graduate in Connect Therapy:
This provides a full body assessment to create an understanding of how different regions and systems of the body are connected. It formulates an effective method to design and implement treatment strategies. For patients with long-term complaints, finding the missing link is incredibly powerful in changing how you manage your injury.
Highlights in Mel’s career include:
- Winning the 2018 Inaugural Women’s State of Origin match
- 2020 NRLW Warriors campaign
- 2017 World Cup – Cook Islands Women’s Rugby League
- Mel is the current physiotherapist for the Australian Jillaroos Rugby League National Program
No matter what your goals are, Mel is motivated to help you achieve optimum movement and to perform at your best in what matters most to you.
Additional Qualifications Include:
- Western Acupuncture and Dry Needling Level 1 and 2.
- Attendee of The Sports Map symposiums: Athletic Groin Pain, The Difficult Foot and Ankle, High Performance Rehabilitation.
- 2022 NRL Women’s Coaching and Performance conference – Presenter.
Official Rehabilitation Partner of the Donnica Clarke Foundation:
We are proud to be a long- term supporter and partner of the Donnica Clarke Foundation.
In 2007, the Central Coast lost teenage lifesaving champion Donnica Clarke. From tragedy came light in the formation of the Donnica Clarke Foundation who has awarded close to a quarter of a million dollars to local scholarship recipients. Through various sporting arenas, Mel has worked closely with Foundation founders and proud parents, Tony and Kerrie Clarke.
The goal and hope of this partnership is to provide youth athletes in the scholarship program the opportunity to work with physiotherapists with extensive experience in the sport field as well as strength and conditioning coaches who are equipped to provide high performance programs.
MEL’s interests outside of physio:
- Coffee, chocolate and wine are her guilty treats!
- On her days off, she loves to visit different play parks with her son.
- On Mel’s bucket list is to attend every Tennis Grand Slam – all that’s left to tick off is Wimbledon.